Important Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Misting System
When looking for a misting system for your home or business, you’ll encounter plenty of options on the market (and on the internet). As with most things in life, the price you pay is dependent on the system’s quality and performance. Below are a few factors to consider when making your decision.
1) For your own peace of mind, consider how long the company has been in business. Misting is a specialty market, and without extensive resources and an ongoing commitment to new product development, unprepared and underfunded companies come and go. Stick with the few companies that have been around for 10 or more years. They are likely to be around for another 10 years.
2) Medium-pressure (250 psi) and low-pressure (below 100 psi) mist systems sound inviting due to their reduced cost when compared to a high pressure system (1000 psi). But there is no denying the dramatic difference in cooling capability. If maximum cooling and moisture elimination are important to you, a high-pressure misting system is the only viable solution.
3) There are three key components to a high-quality misting system: a misting pump, a mist line, and misting nozzles:
- A pulley drive mist pump is a quieter and longer-lasting option when compared to a direct drive mist pump. Although they cost about 30% more than direct drive versions, pulley drive pumps are more durable and include a host of exclusive benefits.
- Mist lines can be flexible or rigid. They each have their own advantages that should be considered before determining which tubing option best suits your mist system requirements. The only key factor is ensuring that the tubing is rated to operate at 1000 psi or above. Fogco offers a flexible nylon with slip-lok fittings as well as prefabricated copper and stainless steel mist lines.
- Mist nozzles will have more impact on performance than any other component. The most important factors are the atomization rate and the nozzle’s ability to produce a large quantity of very small droplets (less than 15 microns or 15 millionths of a meter).
There are many important factors to consider when making a misting system purchase decision. If you need assistance or just have some questions, contact Fogco online or call us at 800-607-6478. We have been in business since 1989 and have the unique ability to provide a range of solutions for any outdoor cooling application.